Manufacturing and Process Engineering Manager
2026 McGaw Avenue Irvine, CA 92614 US
Exciting leadership opportunity for a Manufacturing & Process Engineer Manager to work with an innovator in the Utility/Energy Sector based in Orange County. This is a chance to join a rapidly growing organization where you can make your mark by leading exciting new projects in the space.
Responsible for leading and managing the Manufacturing & Process Engineering (MPE) organization. He/she will possess outstanding analytical, interpersonal and project management skills. He/she is expected to develop, nurture, and maintain strong relationships with the R&D, engineering, and manufacturing departments to ensure that all departments are collaboratively working together to improve manufacturing processes in a focused, data driven manner efficiently and expediently. He/she will be responsible for diagnosing and solving manufacturing challenges in all facilities worldwide, developing new systems and processes, and introducing innovative solutions to build high quality products safely and cost effectively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Manufacturing and Engineering Prioritize projects, manage tasks, and provide resources to MPE team to ensure that projects are completed on time.
- Drive and deliver functional excellence of the MPE team by ensuring KPIs are met.
- Mentor, motivate, develop, and coach direct reports and extended team members.
- Lead by example - consistently promote and demonstrate high performance standards and outcome-based thinking. Uphold and embrace the company values and attributes.
- Design and develop tooling to support manufacturing and product development.
- Review, evaluate and implement engineering changes and specification requirements.
- Transfer new products and processes from engineering into production.
- Conduct research, confer with vendors, suppliers, and users, use data insights to design robust manufacturing capabilities.
- Ensure product yield reliability and consistency by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information and trends to monitor and drive improvements on legacy products.
- Introduce effective solutions to existing manufacturing problems.
- Perform root cause analysis to solve problems.
- Develop and maintain product and process database.
- Actively participate in CCB and Configuration management meetings
- Implement lean philosophy by driving cultural change to support our journey to become world class
- Implement company Culture and Values within MPE department.
- Conduct value stream mapping to identify the road map for kaizens and continuous improvements.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in quality, cycle time, process improvement, and machine availability/uptime by leveraging established tools/techniques such as lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and eliminate waste.
- Develop best practices, systems, and innovative solutions to improve safety, quality, and productivity.
- Participate in Mission Based Teams and other cross-functional teams to brainstorm, develop action plans and execute to accomplish goals as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops;
- Reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 5+ years in experience in managing an engineering or process engineering team.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Six sigma and lean manufacturing
- Ability to mine, analyze, utilize, and present data effectively.
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with windows operating systems and Microsoft operating systems
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- 401K with a Match
- Great company culture that fosters innovation and development
You will find a wide range of opportunities with our partners across the US in a diverse set of industries and sectors. We also have a strong network of European based organizations, especially Italian organizations, that operate in the US looking for top professionals to join their team.