4901 Elysian Fields Road Marshall, TX 75672 US
The Maintenance Manager is responsible to supervise and coordinate any and all activities of the maintenance department. In this function, he or she will frequently interact with members of the production and packaging teams.
- Maintaining, repairing and rebuilding production machines and equipment to ensure the maximum capacity of the machines, and ensure longevity of the equipment.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers, such as the production team in order to reach the daily production goal.
- Integrity and Trust - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can communicate in an appropriate and helpful manner across department lines.
- Planning - Sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps.
- Supervising and coaching the maintenance staff, build core team
- Drive for Results – Strives to meet goals, consistently.
- Building Effective Teams - The ideal candidate will be able to balance production, quality and cost objectives while maintaining employee safety and morale.
- Desires Self Development and Growth – Our process is somewhat unique and requires an individual that wants to learn and grow with us.
- Maintains, develops relationships with vendors and service partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following: other duties may be assigned
- Working understanding of various manufacturing processes, including electrical, mechanical and hydraulic processes.
- Experience of at least 2 – 5 years working as maintenance manager in a manufacturing facility
- Knowledge to read and understand basic machine and electrical diagrams and schematics
- Oversees the set-up and use of tools and equipment before production use in order to ensure the optimum level of safety
- Oversees daily personnel actions and activities
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Establishes a periodical maintenance procedures and oversees and maintains its continuity.
- Carries out inspections of the facilities and machineries to identify and resolve problems.
- Checks electrical and hydraulic systems to ensure functionality
- Allocate workload and supervise/coach staff consistently.
- Is expected to plan and oversee all maintenance activities during the day shift, including on Saturdays, as well as checking on operations and repairs made on second and third shift.
- Makes recommendations to the Plant Manager in order to improve processes and/or increase the capacity of equipment, and/or machinery.
- Monitors spare parts inventory and places orders when necessary in coordination with the Plant Management
- Manages relations with contractors and service providers in coordination the Plant Management and Supply Chain.
- Establish and maintain maintenance log of all work orders and report daily activities
- Ensure all health and safety policies are adhered to properly, makes recommendations to improve plant safety.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks and complete all required paperwork.
- Is expected to perform regular maintenance tasks in addition to managerial responsibilities which includes overtime, return to plant out of regular shift schedule, including weekend.
- Train new employees
Directly supervises between 5 – 10 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2 – 5 years proven maintenance managers experience in a manufacturing environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Familiarity and understanding blueprints and schematics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities
- Comfortable working in fast paced, diverse environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safely rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
You will find a wide range of opportunities with our partners across the US in a diverse set of industries and sectors. We also have a strong network of European based organizations, especially Italian organizations, that operate in the US looking for top professionals to join their team.