Engineering Supervisor - Detail Design Pipe
1600 Ely Street Marinette, WI 54143 US
The Engineering Supervisor's purpose is to plan, direct, and coordinate activities within the assigned Detail Design technical department (i.e. electrical, mechanical, or structural). The Engineering Supervisor is responsible to solve technical problems, develop applicable documentation, and supervise all assigned resources to support the Company's projects. The Engineering Supervisor provides oversight to other engineering and manufacturing Engineering s to determine, interpret, and execute the technical requirements of engineering products. He / She is also responsible for defining resource requirements to achieve schedule and budget commitments, and solve technical issues as they arise within the field of competence while interacting with other organizations and customers (internal and external).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate communication of issues and solutions throughout MMC
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate resources to support department workload including:
- Standard process updates and reviews
- Engineering process enhancement and improvements
- Internal customer (manufacturing) processes improvements
- Interface with peer Engineering Managers (Functional Engineering Supervisors, Detail Design Engineering Supervisors, Project Engineers, etc...) as required to assure proper Engineering support is being made available to the rest of the Engineering Department.
- Plan, direct and coordinate resources and activities within the department
- Estimate, schedule, and monitor assigned work and the work of assigned resources
- Track and report progress to budget and schedule commitments including:
- Weekly schedule meetings and reviews
- Weekly performance progressing
- Customer and Engineering Changes
- Prepare, check and issue high quality deliverables (Drawings, models, work packages, etc...)
- Interpret contract requirements (Statement Of Work, Build Specifications, Regulations, etc...)
- Develop contract change documents to support the project needs
- Define, track, and control subcontractor activities
- Abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures
Directly supervise 10 to 15 employees. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a B.S. in either Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Naval Architecture or a related Engineering discipline. In lieu of a B.S. degree, a minimum of 15 years of directly applicable industrial experience specific to the marine application of design and implementation of the design. Applicants desiring to provide experience in lieu of a formal degree will be required to provide a written discussion of their experience (for each item) and its justification for consideration in writing as qualified experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of supervisory or management experience with Engineering s of up to 10 people.
- Professional Engineering licensure is preferred but not required.
- The Engineering Supervisor must be familiar with typical Regulatory Body Requirements associated with the shipbuilding industry (i.e. ABS, DNV, 46 CFR, U.S. Navy Gen Spec, and U.S. Coast Guard).
- Must be eligible for a Security Clearance (U.S.)
- Personal competencies should include strong time management, complex problem solving, and dispute resolution skills. Additionally, the ability to professionally and formally (via written correspondence) communicate is a prime skill.
- Must have the drive and discipline to monitor, maintain and enforce existing department policies and procedures, as well as, develop said procedures as they are required to support new contract project requirements.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
- Strong 3D Modeling and processing skills.
- Knowledge of ShipConstructor or equivalent software, preferred
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor, particularly in time critical or resource challenged scenarios.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A basic Earned Value Management System (EVMS) competency is desired but not required
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency
- Hiring, Leading, and Developing Employees
- Continuous Improvement
Meet Your Recruiter
You will find a wide range of opportunities with our partners across the US in a diverse set of industries and sectors. We also have a strong network of European based organizations, especially Italian organizations, that operate in the US looking for top professionals to join their team.